"Supporting you in your return to Education"
Coming on a two year training programme is a very big step especially when you have so many other demands outside the course. The Guidance Counsellor is here to help you get the most out of the two years for yourself. We can help you:
- With your study and learning (how to take notes, write an essay or a project, memorise information, prepare for exams and assignment etc.
- Managing your time fitting in your study with the rest of your life
- Planning and making decisions for the future
- Providing up-to-date information on further training, education and job opportunities
- Job seeking (C.V's, application forms, interview preparation etc.)
- Obtain QQI level 5 Certification in Work Experience which includes an opportunity to go on work placement
- Putting you in contact with support services to help you with other issues that might be affecting your progress while on V.T.O.S (for example with reading, writing, maths, health related issues, etc.)
- Providing training on stress management, assertiveness, self esteem etc.
The Learner Support Centre
The learner Support Centre is a private space made available to the students for:
- Private study
- For group study and project work
- For up to date information on training, education, learning and job opportunities
- Use of computer
Who is available and when?
Michael Donnellan, Career Guidance Counsellor, will be available on Tuesdays in Kilrush to:
- Give group classes and workshops on the topics listed above
- for individual appointments to help you with any concerns you might have while on V.T.O.S.
For the reminder of the week the service can be contacted at the Clare Adult Guidance Service main office in Ennis.
View our film!
How can I contact the guidance service?